Saturday, October 8, 2011

Running


According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, a journey is defined as an act or instance of traveling from one place to another. So in order to be on a journey, one must be moving. Traveling. Changing. Life is nothing but a journey. Daily I am reminded of this journey I am in. It is never the same. It is constantly changing.

When someone runs a race, they tend to run at their own comfortable pace. Right? If someone is crazy like my mother, they would probably run a little bit faster than someone, like, say....me. Life isn't like that. We have to hold on, and run with it.

Inevitably, there are times in life when the road we are on gets bumpy. There are a zillion hills in our way, along with rocks the size of Texas. We begin to fall short of breath, and that little voice inside our heads creep in telling us to just end the race. That we should just give up, because we just aren't strong enough to get to the finish line. And then there are days when we thought the road couldn't be any more perfect. Free of hills, or rocks the size of Texas. Free of any obstacles or things that might make us want to give up. Our confidence has never been better, and we feel as though we could take on the world. Life is forever.changing.

I find comfort in the fact that I don't have to run this race by myself. There is never a moment when I am left out there to run this race alone(although, believe me. I sure do feel like it sometimes).

Jesus never said this would be an easy race. He never said it would be a race free of hills, or rocks. He never said that we wouldn't doubt ourselves from time to time. But, He did say that He would be there with us. Holding our hands. Guiding us. Walking with us.

I leave you with some lyrics of a song by Pocket Full of Rocks. I pray that they speak to you just as they do to me.<3
 "And day by day, I'm fiding out just a little more. Just exactly what this journey is for. It is to love You. Hold You. Touch You. Call you my own."

http://youtu.be/D-Y_IufWNVc  <-----link to the video for the song. Falling by Pocket Full of Rocks)







No comments:

Post a Comment